Fire tv cube review

Is the fire tv cube worth the money for it. Will I be able to download apps on it like the Fire stick any reviews on it.

The Cube operates exactly like the Firestick, except it has much more memory (16 GB vs. 8 GB). I’ve had mine for a couple of years now and have had no issues with it. It has a couple of added features, like turning the TV to which it’s connected on and off via voice command. If you have an Amazon Echo, think of the Cube as a combination Fire TV and Echo Dot, and see if you can catch a sale on Amazon!

1 Like

The first generation Fire TV Cube I had turned out to be not worth it even with the extra memory. After awhile became non responsive too often and required too many restarts(it is now sitting in a drawer unused). My 2nd generation Fire TV Cube works flawlessly and would recommend it because of the extra memory. You really don’t have the problem running out of memory due to all the bloatware Amazon adds on which most users do not use or want.

Hello @rustydrip in my opinion, not worth it over the Fire TV Stick 4K unless you are a big user of Alexa and want the TV control options that it provides. I’m personally not a big fan of the Cube.

Thanks Troy I’m looking for more storage space. I don’t know if the 4 k has more than the original fire tv stick

I think I can add a usb hub

@rustydrip If you don’t use Netflix this is a good choice with a lot of storage. This is my go to device in my office. I love it. MECOOL KM3 Review - Unbiased Review with Both Good & Bad

1 Like

I have added external storage to TV Cube by using a USB memory stick connected to a DigitCont 2nd Generation Micro USB LAN Ethernet RJ45 Adapter with 3 USB Ports which I purchased on Amazon. It works well and you can also move some existing apps to external storage as well as new installs.

1 Like