Fire tv cube 2022

I am contemplating purchasing the new fire cube TV with my discount code for $100 .I have two questions, Will I be able to install the wolf launcher, And is it a better device than the Nvidia shield tube. I understand the device hasn’t been released yet ,but there is quite a bit of information about it out there. Thank you for any input offered

https://www.aftvnews.com/amazon-blocks-custom-home-launchers-with-latest-fire-tv-software-update/

I don’t use fire tv but many times have seen people complain about an update this year that prohibits users from changing the launcher . Like Troy states in the article above , Amazon sells their streaming devices cheap but rely on the ads on the home screen to generate profit . If you want full customization then an Android device is always the way to go …preferably android tv os . That being said, both devices have good specs. I personally would choose the one that is not chipping away at developer options . Good luck :pirate_flag::pirate_flag::pirate_flag:

1 Like

Im using launch on boot with wolf launcher with no problems on firestick 4k.

2 Likes

The thing that worries me most is these big box makers and their priorities. And its not the customer its the control they want. An example would be mecool box, they sell it, its yours do as you please, not with amazon or many google products. Every day it seems some aspect is moved, changed or hidden.

2 Likes
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.