Fire Stick Need help shutting off all the time and buffering all the time is it worth keeping

Make sure you keep the Max with as much free space as possible. I keep mine close to 3Gig by adding a USB sandisk 3.0 drive to put apps on. Dracoo gave the best links for you to read up on.

Follow my links, you need to do some research and troubleshooting.

2 Likes

Can you connect via ethernet?

I did that too, I bought it too hook up to the fire stick so maybe it will be better

I doubt changing to ethernet will stop the stick from shutting off and restarting though. Overheating is usually the culprit.

1 Like

If you were going to run Kodi on a firestick, i would recommend using Troy’s fork and just putting one or two add-ons on it. Full builds are just too much in my opinion for a stick…too much storage, too much resources needed.

2 Likes

A simple test would be to install either one of plutoTV, zumo, distrotv apps and see if issues persist.

1 Like

Okay I just downloaded pluto tv and it is still buffering

the speeds are good, so im still leaning to overheating

the stick is in the open on a shelf nothing around it , cant see how it can over heat

1 Like

Go put the stick in the freezer for 10 minutes and then test pluto again, post back

1 Like

Open on a shelf? How is it connected to the TV?

1 Like

by USB port that is the only way to plug it in

1 Like

Ok I know this but you said it is on a shelf?

Sorry on the mantel and no there is never a fire made in this house so it cant overheat from that .

The TV is on the mantle with the max plugged into the HDMI port, but in most cases unless you use the HDMI extender provided with the max then it will be almost right up against the tv with barely enough room to slide a piece of paper between it and the TV. The temp here in the summer can hit the mid to high 90’s (32c), so I use a small fan behind the tv to prevent heat related restarts.

I Did buy a HDMI extender for it .

1 Like

Buy? It comes with an extender. Now if this is an after market hdmi extender you bought, did you make sure you got ones that are “ultra” high speed ones. Not all HDMI cables are made equal. Please be patient, I’m having to pry these answers out of you in order to perhaps find you a solution. I’ve literally programmed and installed hundreds of Max and never had an issue like yours, and with 4 doing the exact same thing, then there is more at play than normal. Just trying to go piece by piece until we hit the jackpot.

1 Like

Polish AC

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.