Fire cube unplugged

Fire cube. If you unplug and are moving are the apps kept in memory indefinitely. If lost how long do you think they stay

I don’t have a cube but I do have the FireTV OS on my Max and I shut the power off every night and restart in the morning. I have had it off for 2 weeks without losing anything. Fire cube is the same OS so should be the same.

3 Likes

Thank you. Very helpful. Based on your results should reboot itself after being unplugged for quite awhile

1 Like

@Marble, since my buzz x5 put my cube in limbo it stays unplugged for about 30 days and when I plug it in to update everything it’s all good.

1 Like

Fantastic. We have the answer,

Thank you.
S

Yes it should. Now remember while you have it off there may be updates issued so when you plug it back in it may take a while to boot up, so don’t panic.

I find WEEKLY maintenance on any streaming device and router should include unplugging BOTH devices for 30 seconds then plug back in for optimal performance. This clears a lot of junk that may accumulate.

2 Likes

I agree I reboot my modem and router also weekly with a gosund timer set up to do everything as I sleep. @TXRon suggested it to me a while ago and has been working out great :v::sunglasses:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.