Ex File Explorer

With ex file explorer gone from the play store what’s a good file to use to backup my apps because I haven’t a clue I was use to working with ex file explorer…I’m using a seagate hard drive

I like X-plore File Manager. It shows two panels you can use to view two different “drives” (locations) at one time, and transfer files between the two. Also, allows you to access other drives/hardware over your home network. Haven’t found a file program, which allows you to access the web and install apps, like ES Explorer does, though. I still use ES Explorer, because I kept the installation file. I make it a practice to save any apk files of programs I value, so if they do disappear, you’ll still be able to install them! Maybe Troy will include it in his list of apps that we can access through his Downloader program. Many people don’t like ES Explorer for one reason or another, but I found it too useful to give up, until I find something comparable!

2 Likes

@donnah8589 and @MaverickCoast I recognize the power of ES File Explorer but I for one have always hated the interface. Troypoint mentioned using FX File Explorer in lieu of ES File Explorer and I do like the interface. I don’t believe though it is as intuitive as X-plore File Manager. Trying both and will make a decision on which one works best for me and will post.

1 Like

Thank you so much I truly appreciate it… I’m going to try it out FX File Explorer

Agree. That’s the thing I HATE about ES Explorer. Moving around on the screen from one item to another, is a challenge at best. Never know which direction you may have to go, to get to where you’re going (if that makes sense).

1 Like

You can still install ES Explorer directly off your web browser off the following URL: https://es-file-explorer.en.updown.com/

1 Like

As usual, I believe @MaverickCoast is correct once again. I tried X-plore File Manager and found it to be the superior file manager. The thing I like about it is the split screen so you can see the source and the destination at once. Plus I was able to add my network to it by entering the name and the password. This means that ftp transfer will work when moving files from my Shield to my PC. It’s a great free file manager that is intuitive and from what I can tell, powerful. I believe I will stick with X-plore File Manager.

1 Like

I agree! It’s always a pain trying to get ES File Explorer to what you want it to do (if it does it at all).

Didn’t know about FX File Explorer! Definitely going to give that a try!

Google ASUS File Manager. I was frustrated with the complexity of the file managers we have been talking about. I Googled Android File Managers and first on the list of best Android File Managers was ASUS File Manager. I downloaded it and played with it for a half hour. It worked! Chose Network and it gives you an IP address for your browser on the destination device. Now you can upload or download files between the Shield and your computer. Pretty neat! Give it a try. I think it is great. It will be my go to file manager.

1 Like

I’ll give it a shot. Always looking for the perfect app. Haven’t found it yet, but am currently using, and overall have been satisfied with the one I mentioned above.

1 Like