Ethernet and onn box issue

hey guys i tried to use ugreen usb 3.0 hub Ethernet adapter and a otg cable on my onn box i am able to get it connect to internet but at times it seems to lose the Ethernet connection and then i have to switch over to wireless connection anyone else have any problems using a Ethernet cable anyone know is there a solution i have rebooted router and onn box but still have the same issue thanks for any advice

I use my Onn on WIFI and it work with no problems.

1 Like

yes i use wifi too but what i am asking has anyone been able to have it hooked up with Ethernet cable and have a reliable connection because i get better speed when hooked up with a cable versus wifi

A post was split to a new topic: Buzz x5 issue with hdmi

I have been doing some research on this issue, and it appears this is a common problem with the ONN. One suggestion was that the ONN power adapter might not be robust enough to run both the ONN and peripherals. Do you have a Firestick adapter that you can try? Or something with higher power output? Not sure this will help, but worth a try. This person solved their problem.

1 Like

thanks i did read that, i looked at firestick 4k and the onn adapters they both say 5.0v-1.0a maybe i have a old phone charger i will look around and post back thanks Miki

1 Like

Onn boxes are very similar to dynalink boxes and just seem to work best as designed with wifi. If you have a good wifi connection the unit actually performs very well for basic streaming. You can but I would avoid running kodi as it tends to bog down cheap boxes but never the less just not well imho. I actually ran an onn box as a wifi server and it worked well locally but most likely would have died if I didnt stop stressing it out :eyes: :face_with_monocle: I suggest stepping up to a eth enabled box and save the headache.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

I got it to work consistently like with any other Android TV box. Lot of misinformation being spread about the new Onn box right now. This is all you need to do, it’s fairly simple. Turn off wifi. Get into “developer options” and scroll down to “select USB configuration” switch it from “charging” to “RNDS (USB Ethernet)” go back scroll down and hit “restart”. When it powered back on with my OTG dongle connected with my USB 3 splitter with Ethernet I now I had an ethernet connection and my USB keyboard also worked consistently. It is now perfect. There are a couple different USB settings you can play with just remember the changes you make in case you need to change them back or just follow my instructions. I did another restart powered it back up, it switched itself back to “charging” in developer options but my USB dongles are working just fine and with Ethernet. I tried several including a ugreen. I’ve had it working now for a couple of days no issues Ethernet is consistent. Have fun.

After the last update that I have no idea what it actually did but it reset the Micro USB port back to factory settings on the boxes I set up.
It changed resolution back from 4k to 2k. Everything looked washed out.
It stopped my OTG set from working. I no longer had any USB capabilities only power to Micro USB. So, no Ethernet etcetera. I had to go back into developer options and reset the USB configuration back to Ethernet from “charging”. Turn off USB debugging than do a restart to get Micro USB working again. Meaning the OTG set was back up.
It seems to have reset some settings back to factory. Kind of annoying but I guess to be expected. Hopefully the update was good for something.

2 Likes

I’m running KODI on my onn tv box for 2 years with no issue. Binge watching for several hours without hesitation

1 Like

Same here. After being on T95Z Boxes I recently switched to the 4K ONN Box. No problems running KODI Builds and Forks off of it at all. And if it does happen to Brick I have a spare

1 Like

so you have to turn off USB debugging to get the ethernet to work?

I finally got the ethernet working on the Onn 4k box. Go into developer setting and switch the USB charging to ethernet and turn off usb debugging.

3 Likes