Best Early Black Friday Deals 2023 for Cord-Cutters & More

Originally published at: Best Early Black Friday Deals 2023 for Cord-Cutters & More

This guide will provide you with the Best Early Black Friday Deals in 2023 for Firesticks, Fire TVs, Android TV/Google TV Boxes, and tons of other tools for cord-cutters. Amazon has officially released some early Black Friday Deals featuring huge discounts on streaming devices, TVs, and various electronics. This includes the popular Amazon Firestick 4K…

6 Likes

Great Deals on Firesticks & More!

1 Like

Are people still buying Firesticks? The bloatware, blocking 3rd party launchers, and the apparent impending Amazon software replacement. Still, they are a bargain I guess for someone getting into the hobby. Though they’ll probably end up like me with a shoe box full of functional sticks.

You can always get the Walmart box for $20 instead. But am using FS because of all the extra settings built in. Sure it’s a risk but many know how to bypass.

Based on Troy’s email on “Great deals on Firestick & more” I pulled the trigger on an Nvidia Shield Pro. $169, at Amazon, plus $40 in gift cards just made it crazy not to jump on it. I guess it must mean that I’m NOT crazy?

I have been kicking around just getting the Shield Pro for awhile but my Cube is still serving me well. But knowing that Amazon might cut off their nose to spite their face by changing their software has had me, probably, more worried. And heck, if Miki says that the Shield pro is the bomb, well that is enough for me.

3 Likes

Just curious what “extra settings” you are writing about?

Having a Shield does not shield you from being crazy. Just look at some of the Shield owners here lol. But that is a great deal for the Cadillac of our sport.

1 Like

I’m thinking of replacing my Shield with a Pro. How would I transfer the current content to the new unit?

… and can the remote itself be updated?

It took me a couple of weeks, of reading up on the pro, as well as all the Dev options and what they do, before I think I have it set up. Studying all the Audio and Video options, and if they’re good for my new TV and Soundbar, took me about 3 days. There are just so many things to learn if you want to do it right. Yes you could simply go with plug and play and away you go, but I’m a fussy cuss and like to get every penny I can out of what I buy.

1 Like

Or we could wait for someone like you and then ask for your setup schematics. lol

Hey you’re no slouch yourself in the setup department. I’ve used your advice a number of times.
For assistance dial 1-pow-erf-ader.