DuckDuckGo joins big tech censorship

They just opened the door to deciding for you what is disinformation. I have change my search to Brave.

DuckDuckGo to Down-Rank Sites Associated With Russian Disinformation | PCMag

5 Likes

I agree with you. As long as it’s legal. I don’t need or want big brother (elites) deciding what I can or cannot read, say, listen, or watch!

6 Likes

information suppression is what it is. Now even the ones who claim our right to information are wanting to tell us what is legit and not. Brave is a browser not a search engine(fyi). I use firefox and although my current search engine is duck lite , I have about 10 others. Check out searx its pretty in depth and open without suppressing(so far) :woozy_face:

1 Like

Does TV Bro use Google?

Brave is good for now. Big tech censorship has been a big issues and a certian x president warned you about it.

I would higly suggest a tor network. Firefox works too with addons and plugins. Many options.

3 Likes

I lied :rofl: …I actually use Librewolf, not firefox…just a bad habbit :skull:

3 Likes

TXRon, Brave does have a search engine.

2 Likes

I stand corrected. I was just looking at it and they claim they built it and do their own indexing…and if true thats great and I will try to add brave search to my collection of engines in librewolf. In the past most “search” engines would use google data etc and claim it as their own and brand it as new…while actually just being google. Congrats to brave.

1 Like

and I found 2 brave/onion searches and added them :+1:

Mycroft Project: Search Engine Plugins - Firefox IE Chrome

2 Likes
1 Like

@Miki . I used OnionSearch downloaded from Play store. I searched for certain websites and browsed but when trying to video playing from that site (like news, doco, provided by journalist’s) suddenly webside freezes doesn’t matter to which website I navigate. I use VPN with excellent internet speed.

I’m not sure an onion browser or search would allow for video playing. I don’t know for sure.

1 Like

Some news websites are blocked, those sites can be visited by connecting VPN to a server in a country doesn’t block’s those websites. I tried to use OnionSearch (sorry for my translation I meant watching videos and not playing videos) to watch those videos but the website freezes.
This is just an opinion.

Aha. I think I understand. I use the Silk browser on my 4k Max if I want to watch a vid from the internet or live events. It’s cloud based and optimized for the firestck and I have no problems with my VPN being on when I do this.

1 Like

@Matrix

Onion links do work with video, id recommend the tor broswer for onion.

1 Like

@TP-Dracoo. Yes I tried that to but the problem still can’t watch the videos do to blockade. Thanks again :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

@Matrix

Check your setup, i use everything including proxie servers vpns with tor and can watch videos. Besides this is for info not in the “mainstream”

1 Like

@TP-Dracoo My settings are correct, certain websites are being blocked, to avoid the blockade I use eg. VPN, Tor Browser and Onion Search no problem with that except I can’t watch some of the video do to blockade because of it’s sensitive journalistic content. After all even those methods it’s not possible to avoid the blockade :100:. My earlier post was just for info thanks again for excellent feedback.:+1:

1 Like

Is it Blockade or Blockada? If it is Blockada can you not turn it off if you want to watch a vid?

@Miki no it’s blockade and not possible to watch the videos I downloaded from certain server’s but thanks again for the information.:beers: