Does amazon know what you download

Just got first firestick and I am wondering if Amazon know every download you make to it. I tried to dowload a couple of apps and got emails thank you from amazon for your downloads.
Is this normal if I use the Troypoint app installer. I have no clue as what to do to get this done right for watching Football in UK Scotland freely

2 Likes

If you got them from their Amazon store. Then, yes, they know. In fact, you can go to their site and log into your account and see every app you have downloaded and all the devices you have.

3 Likes

Any way to block that?

1 Like

Just set up an account with a fake name and address. And use a vpn of course.

1 Like

Ok thanks, can a vpn do it anyway or just with an anonymous name and address be needed

1 Like

My advice allows you to download official apps that are geo-restricted. Some apps are only authorized for certain countries. For example to get the BBC player app and sign in to it you need a UK address.

What apps are you looking for? You may not have to get them through the amazon store.

1 Like

Any for movies and the Uk Football, Scottish football in particular. I have heard of the streaming on firestick for years but use a very expensive now non-affordable Virgin Media.
The Troypoint app will that give everything and I can delete apps I don’t need?

There are many stores out there other than Amazon or Google. The troypoint app has some main stream apps for setting up the Firestick and in there you will find one called unlinked. Look at Troy’s tutorial for this app.

In there you can get hundreds of apps.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.