Debloat Tool OS6

Did anybody notice that after the latest Amazon 4K update the debloat tool is not breaking some stuff it used to. Mine does not seem to break Amazon updates.
Fire OS 6.2.8.1

When running there seem to be errors stating processes could not be ran. After running and it finishes there are multiple boxes unchecked. The processes that failed. I downloaded from RAI and also TDUK. Anybody notice this?

1 Like

Why would you update then run the debloat tool?

2 Likes

@Jayhawks659 Ran it after the update to see if anything changed / broke…I play around with this firestick… have a few others. Just curious how the latest updates effected the 4k. If I break enough stuff it will be a good excuse to get a shield :relaxed:

1 Like

Haha, I like where your head is at.

1 Like

About 1 week ago I installed the debloat tool on my firecube to break Amazon system updates and it worked properly. The very next day I decided to do the same thing on my wife’s cube and could not get it to block updates😲. I had somebody on this forum suggest a different apk from TDUK and that one wouldn’t block updates either. Just wanted to let you know this is happening to others. They must have done something😒.

1 Like

@PapaS

It is very well possible during updates blocked the debloater from blocking updates. But I can’t confirm that, once its blocked its blocked. But newer units could have had this bypassed

Sometimes the updates are necessary sometimes not at all. Honestly it’s a gamble with Amazon products. There is ways to keep it performing good and space down and free but in my honest opinion if you want more control over your device I would get a android product that has less bloatware and more user control.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.