DeBloat - Is Debloat necessary to put on the firestick? Not sure what it does

Is Debloat necessary to put on the firestick? Not sure what it does.

1 Like

Hi @954bar
Necessary, no.
Highly recommended, yes.

3 Likes

what does it do. do i click on everything?
Also do you know anything about this amazon blocker for firestick.

What it does is stop all the Amazon crap, like the ads or movie/series suggestions, and updating. It does help to reduce buffering by reducing the load on RAM and system resources. Unfortunately I can’t give you a simple answer as to what to check or not to check as that depends on your needs, likes, or dislikes. techdoctoruk covers this in his tutorials to help you.

4 Likes

The Amazon blocker does the same thing as @Miki describes. It will help you Stick operate more efficiently.

2 Likes

thanks. i will watch video to determine what to do.

Watch this vid. It will walk you through everything you need to do.

1 Like

Hi. I downloaded the Debloat and de-activated everything. So basically it does not update anymore. Not sure I understand. Wouldn’t I want updates to the firestick?

You can always reverse the process to install updates. I do this on the first day of every month so I won’t forget, and yes often the updates contain valuable security updates, but equally, as often, the updates are just more eye candy than anything.

1 Like

Another reason other then “eye candy” updates that just bog down the firestick, rumour has it that at some point Amazon may release a update that essentially blocks 3rd party apps and add-ons. This would make the firestick basically useless for using apps like Kodi or or other streaming services not related to Amazon or any product or service Amazon sells or makes a buck off. I have update blocker on and just keep a eye out on here to see if such a update has actually been released before doing a update.

2 Likes

Very true. Amazon has leaked that they will be doing cpu e-fuse events to make it so there is no way of rolling back updates. So if that’s the case then what’s next?

1 Like

What’s next is most people on here and other tech sites will not be buying FS!

4 Likes

Trouble is Amazon isn’t just on the firestick. If they do this all at once then we’ll all end up going with Google, but unfortunately they aren’t much better.

2 Likes

Will this work for Firestick 4K?

Will what work? If you’re referring to the debloat tool or the update blocker or the adb commands then yes.

2 Likes