Creating a Tivimate backup folder with separate playlist

I’ve created backup folders and Tivimate two or three times I know how to do it on one playlist. My question is I have three playlists now from this one IPTV service. I want to back up all three playlists. My question is do I have to have them all active at the same time or can I put three separate folders on my scan disk and back up each playlist separately.

1 Like

The backup file for Tivimate clones exactly what you set up on Tivimate in the box that you save it from. If you want 3 separate files for 3 playlists, I think you would need to load the first playlist, save it. Delete, load 2nd playlist, save. Delete, load 3rd playlist, save. Or just do one different playlist on 3 different boxes and save each into a cloud (or USB drive).

2 Likes

Thanks, I have all three set up in their groups when activated. I was hoping to save the same.

1 Like

Im not saying what you’re asking isnt possible, I just dont know of a way to do it. I love the backup feature, but seems it is all or nothing when saving.

1 Like

yep, its basically a restore feature which for me is handy setting up other boxes. Make sure to do updates on the backup from time to time. I know one of my backups was not compatible with a tivimate update and would not work.

1 Like

Well, since I got you guys here online is the audio and the video feeds on different streams? When I watch a Syfy show VOD if I fast forward it for a little bit the video and the audio become unmatched. Just every now and then not all the time. Sometimes I have to start another episode it corrects itself then I can go back to the previous episode and it’ll be correct.

no , same feed however vods are what they are. They get scaped from all over the place and often theres nothing you can do but you can tweak the setting of the player and might get lucky or just maybe try another player like vlc for vod…

1 Like

Pretty sure there is an option in Tivimate to adjust the offset of the video and audio so they match. It’s right next to the closed caption icon in the submenu.

There is, however what I usually can do is either stop it and restart it and it will correct itself or the last time I switched to another episode started it backed out of that episode went back to the previous episode and it corrected itself. It’s kind of weird.

Gotcha. I use Kodi with the crew addon for all my movies and shows. Never have that issue. I did have an issue with things being out of sync with my first IPTV provider but have since moved on and have two services that are flawless. I don’t do VOD through them.

There is an option for auto frame rate in settings for vod and tv…ive never had the need to mess with it but it could help.

Yeah I’ve seen that auto frame in settings I’m going to try that out. I have stremio, kodi, Tivimate with the iptv. It’s just more cornvenient to watch VOD on the iptv. And then like right now there’s a couple episodes I cant get out of it so I went to stremiio and watch it there. And if I can’t get it there then I go to kodi. I just didn’t realize that audio and video could separate like it does. He reminded me those old Saturday Chinese karate shows I used to watch as a kid…:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Yep, I believe that is the only way…at least using x-plore. I just tested and that method does work. Then I just renamed the saved file to represent the name of the playlist. Then if wanting to restore just select the folder you wish to restore.

My question is why? Why would you want to do this?

1 Like

Say you had 5 playlists on your main device loaded into Tivimate, instead of saving a file that would spit out all 5 every time you reload it, you could take it to a different or new device and pick and choose if you wanted just one or two playlists on that one. Only example that comes to mind this early in the morning is maybe you wanted to setup a stick for a kids’ room. You could go into the cloud and load a more “kid friendly” playlist. Playing devil’s advocate here, you could argue that you could load the 5 and delete the other 4 in a matter of seconds, but I’m trying to answer your question so nobody judge. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Ok, but I would rather have the option of deleting as opposed to installing multiples one at a time.

I have three playlists on my TV made app. When I did the backups I didn’t realize or I forgot that TVmate will separate the playlist so when I restore the playlist it will be categorize and all my favorites and my groups will itemized as I placed them… I don’t have to back up the playlist separately I can just back up the whole bowl of wax and then uncheck or change it after I restore it. :sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

That’s exactly what I do. A tad time consuming, but being retired I have lots of time.

1 Like

Yep, much easier with less hassle!

giphy

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.