Constant buffering on my fire cube

I probably rebooted then 10 times but nothing changed.

2 Likes

Copy…sounds like you’ve gone thru all the troubleshooting checks…

1 Like

Well they are cheap, but personally I’d get a powered otg hub with ethernet. At least this would let you know if the antenna is bad. Don’t forget the port on FireTV products like the cube and sticks is a 10/100 so you’ll get 100 at best, but that’s plenty and you’ll have a stable connection.

2 Likes

Hey Miki. I have ordered the cable (otg hub with ethernet) should be here Monday or Tuesday. Will let you know how it all goes.

1 Like

Tx johns. I look forward to your experiment.

I had similar problems on my cube when I used it. Sometimes a reboot would correct it, other times a process I went through every other day but it worked. An app available in the appstore :arrow_down:

2 Likes

When encountering buffering please take a look here, lots of info.

U N P L U G everything for at least 20 minutes!

Rebooting is not the same as unplugging. Unplugging resets everything.

Hi Powerfader. I have unplugged everything relating to this problem for at least a full day and no change but thank you for your suggestion.

3 Likes

Well, sorry, but it was worth a shot.

Hi Dracoo. This link that you provided is one of the first ones that I followed but would not solve my problem. The strange thing here is that the other 2 devices all work perfectly and are all connected to the same input providers. I think Miki hit the nail on the head when he said that the antenna in the cube may be shot. There is no ethernet connection on the cube so I have ordered they adapter that he recommended and when it gets here, I will try that. If that does not work, I will put the cube where the sun does not shine. (my box of junk parts)

1 Like

Hi PapaS. I just downloaded your app. I cannot believe it, this app just saved my bacon. The cube is now working perfect. I would recommend this app to anyone who is having buffering problems with the firestick systems. If it doesn’t solve your problem, at least it won’t hurt. Such a simple fix. Thanks again PapaS, this is the 2nd time you came to my rescue. The last time was in Aug of last year re starting up the box5. If you are ever out this way (Vancouver Island, B.C.) let me know and I will buy you a beer or two.

2 Likes

So happy that worked for you @johns. I almost started drinking again with that same problem :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Where did you get it from?

1 Like

In the Amazon appstore @Miki

Aha. Going to go get it now. There is a great tool I got from TDUK to reduce animation time and speed up transitions.
https://www.techdoctoruk.com/sdm_downloads/tduk-speed-toolbox/#
Worked best on my max with
Transition Animation Scale 0.0
Window Animation Scale 0.0
Animator Animation Scale 0.5

1 Like

Got it. Installed it. Messed up my network big time. Speeds dropped by 10. Now no idea how to reverse what ever it did. Damn.
Had to forget network and then log back in. Whew. Ok again.

Sorry. I had issues with both my cubes here on wifi to the point I had my isp provider here to try and figure it out but they were perplexed with the cubes. I would have buffering occur so I would run a speedtest and it would be ridiculously low speeds. Somewhere in my research I came across a recommendation to try that app so I tried it and like magic my speeds would go from 10dl to 225dl. I don’t use my cube anymore but once a week or so my wife has the sudden drop in speed and runs that crazy app and boom good to go again. Not sure what’s going on but it is only the cubes I have this problem with.

1 Like

Ya I’m lost as well. They’re both FireTV but the WiFi programming must be different. Oh well. I’ve kept a link to it so I can recommend it to other Cubeaholics

1 Like

I run the Firestick 4 max, Nvidia shield, Buzz 5 and the cube. One thing is for sure, there is never a dull moment with any of these systems. As the technology moves on it seems that everything is getting way to complicated for little simple brain to comprehend. It’s kinda like a “try this and see what happens”. No offense meant, but it’s kinda nice to know that I’m not the only one banging my head against the wall.