Cinema subtitles

Can anyone help me please? Every time I watch a movie on Cinema the foreign language subtitles are on the scene. I know there is the little subtitle icon on the top right but nothing happens when I click on it. Is there a way to eliminate foreign language subtitles?

1 Like

Hello @jbbbs If you are watching a newer movie, there is nothing you can do about this because those are hard-coded into the movie. You won’t find this with movies that have been released to DVD/Blu-ray.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the info.

1 Like

Just downloaded Cinema. It opened with a message I had not seen before on Cinema. Message: To play video, audio & subtitles, we need access to all files on your device – Open settings. – Not now. Is this legitimate or what??

Yes normally you have to give acces

Most apps ask for this. You cannot use it if you don’t allow it.

As @TXRon says. Permissions, permissions, permissions. Good day @Wizzard have a good one.

Good day as well @Miki . I hope you have a great day. It’s pouring rain here, will get close to 50 mm’s but so thankful the temperature is mild as that would be a lot of snow.

1 Like

It’s raining M&Ms there? You guys are lucky.
– signed dumb guy from the US

1 Like

Yup that’s 2 inches worth. :straight_ruler:

My brain now thinks in terms of millimeters, centimeters, and I’m okay with meters, but still can’t wrap my head around kilometers. Everything is so much easier with metric once you train yourself. Shame on US for not completely adapting it.

The reason Canada never fully embraced the metric system was because of a Gas Station owner in Toronto who refused to sell gas by the Litre. The Government tried to shut him down but he took the Government to the supreme court and won. The court said he had the right to sell his product in any measurements he chose. I’m a freak and easily convert between metric, imperial and US measurements. And then there’s Avoirdupois. Lol.

You know both metric and imperial because like me, you’re old :slight_smile: We lived in both and for some, I still prefer imperial. Prime example is taking your temperature. Fahrenheit is just so much more accurate than Celsius. Try telling someone from the USA that our Imperial gallon is bigger than their USA gallon and I am sure they will just laugh at you.

Fahrenheit whole numbers are more precise than Celsius whole numbers, not more accurate. There’s a difference in the terms. Adding decimal places decrea ses the differences in precision.

There are so many advantages to metric system.

Sorry for the rant.

If you consider that a rant @elginherd you keep them coming. To me that was a very well worded piece of info, and truthful. So tx. We kinda got off topic here.

giphy

@elginherd Yes, better worded than mine. Both thermometers will register correctly if they are working and of course they have a tolerance of ± fever :slight_smile: It is more precise when you really need to watch your temperature but it’s good enough for the medical system but so it making people more ill when in hospital than when they went in. Smh :slight_smile: Never a rant. I’m very used to the metric system of course. It’s about time the USA joined the rest of the world with that and I won’t dare talk about anything else, cough cough :slight_smile:

The conversion is crazy easy. Celsius X 1.8 +32= Foreign heat :laughing: or Foreign heat - 32 ÷ 1.8 = celsius. The reason being boiling point is 100 in celsius and 0 for freezing while freezing is 32 in foreign heat and 212 for boiling the dif between 32 and 212 is 180. Divide that by 100. The dif from freezing to boiling in celsius. Oooohhh I luvs me math. Anyone for mph and kph now? :joy:

what is the equivelant of MPH to warp factor 1 :rofl:

Smart ass.