Cinema not on Troypoint Rapid Downloader

I am guessing it may be an error on my end (things usually arešŸ˜‚) but I just went to Troypoint app on my firestick to see if a different version of Cinema was available bc the one I am using (2.4) rarely finds links (yes, I am using VPN and RD)and after searching or watching anything, it greys out and has to be closed and reopened to work again. It also has stopped working with trakt. Both of these things have been going on for quite some time, so I reloaded and switched to Kodi instead. But I miss the ease of Cinema and would like to go back if it will work. So I went to the rapid loader and no version of Cinema is there. Help appreciated! Thanks!

1 Like

@Pawsrancher

Itā€™s on unlinked password 12341234 is currently working.

Go to into the app install unlinked use that password you will find it there.

55555555 is an alternative.

3 Likes

Thank you very much. I had deleted unlinked since it didnā€™t work a while back, so I will add it again. :blush:

2 Likes

@Pawsrancher

I have a pinned topic on it keeping an eye on its status, but I believe its up again.

If you have any issues with apps not downloading go into that topic and just list the ones that didnā€™t download. They will have a ! if it didnā€™t.

4 Likes

Just curious, have these things been an issue for others that you know of? When it started several months ago, I tried searching to see if I could find other people having he issue and never found anything and I searched topics here to see if there was I do rather than asking again but didnā€™t see anything. I have been using the firestick for a few years and have followed Troy since a friend gave it to me but I still feel like I donā€™t know what I am doing half the time. I guess growing up before computers has left me with a poor understanding of how it all works and I spend a lot of time trying to figure out which piece of the puzzle is causing the issue. Whether it is the firestick having some issue, the app itself or the VPN or RD, the internet provider causing issues, etc. Just wondering if here is a video breaking down how the parts work for us tech dummys? I would love to figure out how to delete all of the crap Amazon keeps adding to the stick to burn space. I have only Cinema and Kodi with one add on bc I thought maybe the space was causing issues at some point. Every time I turn the thing on, there is some new useless addition from Amazon. Any way, sorry for the run on, just so frustrated but canā€™t afford cable after Covid destroyed my business. I am very grateful for all of the people that make this forum possible! Thank you!

5 Likes

Hi @Pawsrancher
I hear and get your frustration and understand. If I can offer a bit of solace is that with repetition comes learning and understanding. Just keep trying and asking questions.
Now as far as Amazon bloatware bogging down the Firestick performance, you can disable most of the stuff which will help the Firestick performance some.Open the @TROYPOINT RAI, download and install the DeBloater app. Once you run it, you should notice a difference.

2 Likes

Thank you. I will give that a try. I have run whatever is recommended over the years. With only Ipvanish and Kodi on my stick right now, I only have 1.6 gig available. Not sure how much I can put on it before it will have issues but since I didnā€™t know what part of the puzzle causes what issue, I have kept it with at least 1.5 free. I used to have over 2 free with just cinema and Cyberflix. Just seems like way too much space taken up by things I will never use and donā€™t want on here. I will give it a try. Thanks again!

1 Like

I did just installed unlinked and then downloaded cinema and Cyberflix and when I went to the home screen, then apps, they arenā€™t there. Then went back to unlinked and it said that library is not available. So I deleted the library and added it again. Went to cinema and it doesnā€™t give me the option to download again, only to launch, delete or dhow in file explorer. When I hit launch, it says installation failed. So I went back and hit delete. And then download again and again, installation failed. Ugh!

Hi @Pawsrancher
No worries, you got this.
Your set up on your stick is not to dissimilar to mine, so if I might make a few suggestions that will go along way to improving your streaming experience and less frustrating.
Go into the your stick and click on applications and force stop and clear cache daily.
As far as IPVanish, set it up to a city close to you and the server that gives you the most download speed. It also helps to turn off your router too on occasion.
Come back here with any more questions. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here to help.

2 Likes

When you click on it again you have to click ā€œlaunchā€ that starts the apk installer. Once youā€™ve finished the install click Cinema again in applinked and click delete. This will remove the apk you downloaded, after installing you donā€™t need it.
Now you will see it in your apps.

1 Like

@Pawsrancher

As others have said once you hit install its done you go back to your home screen and there it is.

No need to launch again after itā€™s already installed or that error comes up.

3 Likes

Thank you. I do stop everything and clear cache daily and I get back about .15 from all of the useless Amazon crap that keeps running. And I do select a different city if things arenā€™t working right. Years ago I found that by changing the city and sometimes the country, I can get links that I didnā€™t get the first time I tried. Oddly, Australia works quite wellšŸ˜‚. When I first started using the stick, I could get most shows within minutes of the end of their original airing and now I am lucky if hey even show up two days later in the episode list and sometimes it is a week before I can get a link. Some networks donā€™t get any links in Oath on Kodi. It seems they are things from Discovery channel or Nat Geo or HGTV and a few others.
But I am not sure why I canā€™t get cinema to download from unlinked. I generally work 16-18 hours a day and I just want to watch a show when I break for lunch. Instead I have spent the last 1.5 hours (which is longer than I break for) trying to get a working streaming app. Who has time to do all of this stuff?!

Except it isnā€™t there on the Home Screen or in the apps manager

Thank you, But it isnā€™t there, which is the issue. And yes, I have allow known apps checked. So that is why I am frustrated.

@Pawsrancher

I think something had a weird conflict.

Uninstall troypoint app
Uninstall unlinked.

Uninstalll any apps you donā€™t need or use and clean the device.

Make sure the device is getting power via wall outlet (dongle devises firesticks)

Reinstall the Troyā€™s app. Reinstall unlinked put in the code and wait till it appears.

Then download cinema and install.

1 Like

Thanks, I will try that next time I have some time

What you speak of, is exactly why my wife doesnā€™t embrace cord cutting completely. She works 12-14 hour days; she just wants to come home make a few clicks and ā€œboomā€ she relaxing and watching something. Cord cutting does take some effort, as you have stated; so follow the recommendations presented here, come back here with your questions when you have time and weā€™ll help.

1 Like

Then it wasnā€™t installed. Unlinked click the app then click download. When done click the app logo again, then click launch, once install is complete click done on the apk installer now click app logo one last time and click delete. I know it works as I just did it to be sure. Close out and the app is there on my Wolf home screen.

2 Likes

Thank for your understanding! So I just got a few minutes to try to grab a bite to eat and maybe watch a show and I see that several icons on firestick are greyed out and I click on Kodi, it starts, click on Oath and it wonā€™t open and says there is an error. So I go to the Home Screen to go to manage apps and was going to force stop Kodi and clear cache to see if that helps. I get to the manage apps that shows how much available space you have and it says I have 408 mb when yesterday I had 1.65 gig. I click in and no new apps but now all of a sudden Kodi has 2.33 gig size and 2.18 gig storage. What theā€¦.? So I am obviously uninstalling it but how does that happen?

@Pawsrancher

My suggestion is to make sure your firestick is hooked up with a power source and wall outlet. Not the TV as a power source.

Also Iā€™d put kodi and bigger apps on a USB stick or alternative source of storage.

For your icons. You could try disabling updates. I highly recommend storage for your stick. Nothing large just enough for the heavy hauler apps.

I think your available ram is being used up and possibly not enough power.

1 Like