Can't get developer options on Amazon Fire TV 50" 4-Series 4K UHD smart TV - 7.2.9.2

Hello,
I recently purchased two new Amazon Fire TVs (no sticks, Fire built in to the tv) on Prime Day.

I cannot find the developer options anywhere. Current OS version 7.2.9.2.

Does anyone know how I can jail break this? I have downloader installed, but when I try to install the APK for my tv service, it says unknown apps are not allowed.

any help greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the community. As a newer user please use the search as this is a common issue/problem.

Please review this for all firestick issues and guides, if the following hasn’t worked feel free to ask.

This should resolve most to all issues.

when I attempt to download with Downloader, I get this message:
“For your security your TV is not allowed to install unknown apps from this source.”
then there is a Settings button, but when I click through, it simply takes me to the About page with no developer options available.

Read my comment above please.

yes. sorry, you were fast in responding, i missed it. Thank you.

I went to “Your TV” clicked 5 times, and then saw the message that I am a developer now. boom. thank you!

I backed out, and Developer Options showed up under About.

big win. thank you again.

1 Like

You are welcome, when you are new to the forums always do a search before hand. I have this in a mega firestick guide for a reason. Enjoy now sir!