Can't Fast Forward TiviMate Recording

Does anyone know how to watch a RECORDED program on an external player using
the TiViMate app for the recording?
Thanks,
Terry K

Hey T…

Just go into yor external player (MX), & yor recording shld b there

hth…

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish but if you want to use an external player like VLC, in TiViMate, the following is the route:
Settings>Playback>scroll down and click on “Use external player”> then you have 3 choices>
Yes
No
For VOD only

Have fun and STREAM ON!

Also if your in the Recordings screen in Tivimate…

Put cursor on program… Hold the OK button, “open in externl plyr” pops up

hth…

1 Like

The difference I have found between TV mate and an external player, is that if you do have a hiccup in your recording and TV makes screws up it will not fast forward or reverse, it TV May will only play it like a live program, however if you put it on external player you’ll be able to fast forward it and reverse it however it will not be indexed and the numbers will be screwed up but you will be able to fast forward it. I can’t understand why you can’t get an external player unless it’s your device you’re using won’t allow it.

I think its cuz its made for catchup, cuz with catchup u hv the RW/skip & restart controls (lit up & usable), wether yor recrding or not…

& if u rewind a prgrm, u can then FF (bck to live)

Then when u play the recrdng bck, u hv all controls

& yes its a transport stream, so its not indexed

jmt…

Hey @AJS1 As I stated above, I have on occasion not had FF/RW control on a recording…but I’ve also tested (just recently twice) starting a recording for a few minutes…force closing & clearing cache…& then rebooting the box…waiting till everything came back on…then opened Tivimate & still seeing the red dot on the program I was recording…let it go a couple of minutes more & then stopped the recording…opened it up & it allowed me to RW/FF…& I could see the several lost recording minutes from the shut down/reboot. So to be honest, I’m not sure exctly what causes the player to lose its RW/FF capability…?

Thanks guys for the input.
I tried the “hold down the OK button” thing in my recordings and there it was,
thank you “Sketch”.
“Miki” I am interested in using an external player, for recordings because some times,
my recording does not have the FF option/re my post 2d ago.

1 Like

On a slightly different note; it is interesting what holding down a particular button does.
I finally found out how the go back on the “catchup” channel(s) by holding down the
left button.
Terry K

The method and route I gave should always give you the External player, I wasn’t trying to find out why you record that’s your preference.

On your recording list just hold down the select button and the options will pop up

1 Like

YW T…

Agree, tons of triks in tivimate, everytime u wonder if u can do sumthin with it… you usually can

I always tell ppl, while using tivimate every button has 2 functions (cpl exeptions)

gl…

Hi pangaeatech,
I’ve had TV mate able to record through a hiccup or problem with the Stream and still have the fast forward and reverse and when I play through it it shows the Distortion and it continues. But that doesn’t happen very often usually it just quits all together or there’s no fast forward reverse.

I have three connections with my IPTV service. I recorded up to six channels at one time and they all start buffering really really bad and one or two may drop off and four channels will keep recording until I stop all of them. When I go through them there’s distortions with fast forward and reverse is there, and some of the other channels fast forward reverse won’t be there.

Copy that…I think I’m gonna just label Tivimate as a super player…that “can” be a little quirky at times.
:roll_eyes: :cowboy_hat_face:

What I like to see is TV mate record by the series or movies name not by date and time. In other words you put a name of a show it will record every episode and you can set it up for a new episodes or reruns. Same thing with the movie put a movie’s name in there whenever it comes up on EPG it’ll record it. That’s what I’d like to see. Other than that it’s the best player/record on the market for IPTV service.

Roger that…not learned at all on the software side so I have no idea what it would entail for Tivi to be that intuitive in EPGs…but for peeps that record a lot that would sure be a sweet option.

1 Like

What the hell are peeps?

Ha ha…sorry…call it Beatnik lingo…short for people. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Aaaaahhhhh, recording, the bane of my IPTV boxes/players!! (although, despite the fact my provider(s) have approx. 19k movies, i still find i need to record something - even though, with KODI, i can watch ALL (well, 99%) my shows SANS commercials!!
I have a Shield Pro & use TiviMate primarily - i’d say my success rate is about 60%. If i start a recording & see no option to FF or RW & a bunch of zeros - the recording is corrupt - into file 13 it goes. I believe there has only been one time i’ve tried watching such a recording that completed fine. All others got to a point in the movie/show & crapped out.
Now my PITA Buzz x5 box is great if you are running any other app on it besides it’s ABSOLUTELY CRUMMY NATIVE PLAYER that has NEVER operated correctly - doesn’t record, picture stutters & freezes. Frankly, after 4 months of trying to get it to work, i’ve finally given up.
However, i’ve found a very close runner up to TiviMate for pausing/FF/RW Live TV & have spoke to the creator for months on issues that were eradicated completely in his two Sept updates (released in Oct) It’s in the Google Store - it’s called ‘CosmiTV - IPTV Player’ Suprisingly, i haven’t tried recording with it but maybe one of these days…my experience with Buzz left me with a buzz…feel me peeps?! :rofl:

“websurferdude”, I record a lot all live TV stuff.
I REALLY gave the Buzz X5 box a go. I found it unreliable recording.
My wife likes home reno shows(up to date), so that is a lot of my recording ,
also 20/20, Dateline and so on. The next time I get a recording with no FF or RW
I am going to try my new , to me, external player option.