Can't connect with some, but not all, websites from my PC after installing the latest version of IPVanish

I recently updated IPVanish to version 4.1.2.122 on my Win11 PC. My subscription is valid until June 2023. Suddenly I find I can’t connect to a number of websites, including the Reddit Addons4kKodi site, and even Amazon.com. This happens with both the latest Microsoft Edge and Firefox, both set up to use the DuckDuckGo browser. I disable IPVanish and things work just fine. I’ve tried both Wireguard and the automatic Fastest protocol settings in IPV, and have gone through San Jose and Los Angeles. Also, although I have IPVanish set up to work automatically when I turn the PC on, a few times it has asked me for my ID and password and either not accepted them or connected then dropped the connection. The error I get is “Secure Connection Failed - An error occurred during a connection to www.amazon.com. Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s). Error code: SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP. The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.” Any ideas about what’s going on? Thanks!

Do you have any ad blockers on ipvanish? Often this is seen with a browser settings but I would look within ipvanish settings. They might have added some sort of filtering.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.