Cannot load zip file

Have updated several firesticks. but have a couple that will not download the zip file after adding source and going to upload file. it never shows the zip file download at right upper corner of add on page. have deleted 20.1 and started several times. these sticks do have parental lock on them. zipp file verify for correctness and unknown sources turn on. have waited hours and never has downloaded. anyone had this issue

Turn off parent lock and enable unknown sources, make sure you have typed in the correct address and any : / in the correct order.

In Kodi? Search for the post I made about zip files. You have to change the app settings for Kodi as a whole to allow file and media access at all times.

1 Like

The search function is your friend.

1 Like

Hi, where exactly do you go in app settings to change the file permissions for Kodi to be “always” instead of just “when using app”? Not seeing this option and zip files aren’t showing up on new Firestick. Clicked Gear in Kodi, System, and Add On. Unknown sources is on but not seeing file permissions you refer to. Thanks for your help.

It’s not within the Kodi settings, it’s in your fire stick settings. Go to the applications list and find it.

Hi.

I restarted my Firestick, then my inital build I tried to install did show the zip file I needed, so i’m all set now.

Thanks