Can’t clear app data fire stick 4k max

I can’t clear app data on fire stick 4k max under “manage installed apps”. But I can clear cache. Anyone else having this issue?

A little more detail would be helpful. What apps are you trying to clear data on? Are you expecting to hav 0 data? If so that won’t happen, every app will need some data. Don’t forget, clearing data clears all your login and configuration info for that app so you’ll have to start from scratch. Uninstalling and reinstalling an app pretty much will give you the “freshest” restart. There are many “Amazon” apps that you can’t completely clear the data as they are “protected” modules.

This is with any app. On my 4k stick I can clear data to zero on any app including Amazon apps. I did notice on the 4k max it would clear part of the data but not to zero. I guess the 4k max only clears data that it doesn’t need as you said. I was expecting the 4k max to act like the 4k. Thanks Miki for your help.

P.S. I restarted the 4k stick and some of the data showed back up. I guess it never actually did go to zero. Thanks again

It’s not possible to clear 100% of data on any app on any device. That would be uninstalling the app. :pirate_flag::pirate_flag::pirate_flag:

It won’t ever go to zero as it has to load certain parts into memory ready for when you need it. Fast Task Killer is the best tool on the Max to keep your RAM “fresh” and provide the most RAM for streaming or what ever else you’re doing. Clearing cache is best as well as adding an otg cable or hub and an USB drive. With added memory you can load dozens of apps onto it and keep about 2.5GBs of space free on the stick. Buffers are kept in RAM for apps, using FTK helps free that up for your next session. I also turn the power to my my Max off every night, not only saving electricity but also extending the life of the stick by shutting it down completely.

Thanks. That makes sence.

Thanks for all of the info this really helps. I use external memory and Fast Task Killer. Thanks again.

1 Like

You are welcome Kyboy. Please don’t be shy, and if you want to do something but don’t know how, search and read and if still stuck post your question. We love helping others with their cord cutting.

I’ve noticed the same thing on OS7 devices.

Thanks for your reply. I guess this may be one of the differences between OS6 and OS7. Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.