Cache clearing of apps

I can’t clear cache of my apps on my 4K firestick even when it shows that I have cleared them?

3 Likes

@Beezr Hi

Try this manual from TP

1 Like

If the Firestick shows the cache has been cleared, what are you using to show that it hasn’t?

1 Like

They won’t go back to zero, after clearing mine it usually has 13.9 or so in it.

1 Like

In manage installed app and I clear an app it shows 0 when I go next app and clear that one it shows 0 when I go back to previous app that I just cleared it shows the same amount that I just cleared?

In the latest updates on the firesticks it always show a “little” bit. 16.38 kB usually. If that’s what you’re referring to. So you can clear the cache and it shows 0 immediately, then back out of Manage Installed Apps and it will show 16.38 kB. The odd sideloaded app shows 32.77 kB.

3 Likes

Thanks I will try that and see what I get with any increase in my gb use. Thanks :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

When clearing apps cashe it always keeps some kb’s over like 14.5 kb this due the apps settings.

You will only see 0 kb in the cleare cashe section when you clear the data. When clearing the data this also reset the apps settings eg logins saved links.

1 Like

Thanks that explains it very well I am not concerned any more :grinning:

1 Like