Bootup pauses at Amazon screen

Tried to get easy mode with keyboard and usb cord no change.

Welcome,press the back button and the right side of the ring at the same time for 10 seconds and you should be able to do a reset. Hopefully this helps

1 Like

Thanks that didn’t work, do you think it’s bad?

What device do you have a fire stick? Have you tried to unplug it from power for 5 -10 minutes and plug it back in?

Yes an old firestick my brother had settings around. Not sure what generation.

Yeah I’m not sure what else to tell you to try other than the hard reset. And I assume you have the power brick that comes with it that plugs into the wall. If you don’t you need to try house power. Not the TV you can Google which models of fire stick and tell by the picture or the remote. Sorry I can’t think of anything else.

1 Like

Another thing just popped into my head. It may be doing a big update and you just didn’t see that

1 Like

Thank you for your help, I’ll keep trying, then go get a new replacement.

If its a first gen (small remote), throw it away. If its a second gen (with voice remote but no TV controls), it’s gonna be awful slow.

Not sure came without a remote

I guess I could leave it plugged in for a while to see if will load up.

Like sktn77a said $ 35 get a new 4K Max

Not quite sure what you’re doing here but don’t do a factory reset if you don’t have a remote. You can’t set up the firestick from scratch without a remote (the phone app won’t work).

I have a 4k remote from a working firestick. Trying to see if I can reset, an old firestick.

OK. That will work with a firestick 2ng Gen and later but not a first gen firestick.

If I were you, I would purchase a new model of Firestick and start fresh. For the current price of them and what they offer, just isnt worth fiddling with an old one.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.