Best Kodi Hardware

Nvidia keeps the Android version up to date with regular updates pretty much. It is true Android TV. I purchased the version with the game controller to play around with emulators and never have looked back.

1 Like

@Quazar Thanks. I am reading the manual from their site now. Iā€™m convinced. Looks amazing. I will get one once I read what it is capable of. Like large storage or network storage or use of NAS. This is what Iā€™ve been looking for for amazing performance and up to date O/S. I appreciate your contribution to the forum.

1 Like

Since Iā€™ve talked about the thing I donā€™t like about the Shield TV, I have to say that one of the things I really like, is that you can really expand the amount of storage attached to it, AND the best part is, you can use the external storage space as the main storage. You CANā€™T do that on the Fire TV. Youā€™re constantly running out of space on your primary storage on the Fire TV.! On the Fire TV, your apps have to be stored on the onboard storage. On the Shield TV, you can install apps on the external storage!!! Also, the Shield is a good streaming device, other than the couple of glitches Iā€™ve had with IPTV services that I described above.

2 Likes

What VPN service are you using? I may have to give it a try.

@MaverickCoast Likely IPVanish. That is what Troy recommends and most of us use. It is one of the fastest vpns out there and is configurable in the settings. Plus Troy offers a 60%discount on it so you canā€™t go wrong with it. Just disconnect when you are updating and modifying your APKs and builds. Then remember to turn it back on before you start streaming.

Thanks. I used IPvanish in the past, and the thing that made me a bit nervous, was the logging of activity and whether or not they did it or would do it. I see on IPvanishā€™s website, that they do not, so I may give it a shot. On the other hand, I liked the thought that Express VPN is under jurisdiction of the British Virgin Islands and not the USA. Second, speeds with Express VPN are second to none and are considered the best and most reliable. Third, the security is among the best. The ONLY thing negative about Express VPN, is the price and that they only allow 3 connections at a time. Donā€™t know if itā€™s allowed on this forum (I apologize it it isnā€™t, Troy), but here is a very informative article on Express VPN, which makes it a very attractive VPN source. ExpressVPN Review 2021 (Secure Apps, But Three Drawbacks)

Ive been using the firestick 4k and i have no lag or buffering issues. I run kodi, cinema apk, playersklub, area 51 iptv and bee tv no issues. I setup ip vanish on my wifi router and also use real debrid. My next investment will be a tv with amazon fire tv built in.

1 Like

I started having issues with my controller and remote for he shield. Still working to get it fixed.

I too have switched to a NVidia Shield - and it works nice. Seems to load fast. But after 2-3 years on Firesticks and FireTV, it takes some getting used to, even with Troyā€™s videos. Sometimes his videoā€™s apply to the Shield, sometimes not. Iā€™d almost wish there was a specific list of ā€œhow-toā€™sā€ just for Android based units instead of Firestick.

1 Like

Hello @tobasco27 I will definitely be putting a guide in here for the NVIDIA SHIELD soon. Keep in mind that if you have the TROYPOINT App installed, you can easily install the most popular apps that way, so no instructions needed - TROYPOINT Rapid App Installer (SUBSCRIBERS ONLY) - TROYPOINT: Tech Tutorials On Firestick, Android TV Box, VPN, IPTV, Streaming, & More My setup guides in the future will be more along the lines of various settings in these devices and not so much installing apps since the Rapid App Installer does that for us. Thanks for following TROYPOINT!

2 Likes

@steyraugh85 Thanks so much for the comment. I agree with you.

Android updates just like a phone. Great box

1 Like

Welcome to the community. Thanks so much for the comment. You must be doing something right.

You were part of my reason for getting a Shield and adding external HDD. Wanted anexternal SSD but they cost too much for larger sizes. My money was well spent on a Seagate external drive that is now my main storage. I put in an 8Tb drive. Iā€™m loving it! Warning, took nearly a day to format. Be prepared to let it run overnight if your drive is large like mine. Thanks.

An SSD or fast HDD are one of the main keys to performance. Your 240gB SSD must be amazing. I went with a 7200rpm 8Tb HDD and just love the performance. Events happen in fractions of a second. navigation is smooth and seamless.

1 Like

Great setup! The local show solution is very cool. A true cord cutter.

Sell me your Nvidia Shield boxes. Let me know a fair price.

Welcome to the community! None of mine are for sale. Put too much work into it.