Aside from TP, is there a Single Resource that Explains Streaming TV?

For those left…breathing!

3 Likes

Yeah too funny… it is I, the 50-year-old ‘brat’ who’s being schooled by y’all ol’ fogeys! But on a serious note, I admire the willingness to continual, lifelong learning exemplified by all of you! This is not simple stuff (re: understanding the ins and outs of IPTV).

Oddly, thanks to my website growing a life of its own, I’m now in the position to “convert” more of the other soon-to-be octogenarians to streaming TV (by writing a blog post on IPTV). Funny how life works!

I’m confused though @LarryD113… which message board were you referring to? Also, what the heck is a BBS? And what was the name of the group you ran while connected online with what, four phone lines?

I’m loving this. Thanks everybody and happy holidays!

1 Like

Largest font size guides? :wink:

3rZv

Alright.

I appreciate all the stuff here hilarious gifs and jokes, but we should stay on topic.

@DarrylG

Was there a particular reason for your inquiry?

1 Like

Yes, I’m trying to understand how streaming TV works and was hoping to find resources that can help that along.

2 Likes

@DarrylG

Our main website has all that info for you. Basically it works like Netflix or Amazon prime but with tv channels and such all directed through the internet.

There is hardware designed for this. You can go with your isp and cable provider and get setup or completely cut them out and just pay for internet and do it the cheaper way.

As I mentioned above it’s getting all content through internet. Just alot of ways to do it. If you are starting out I’d recommend the setup guide you get to your email.

3 Likes

Thank you @TP-Dracoo. Can I find the setup guide on the main website? So far, I’ve found the IPTV Intro page most helpful. Is there something more that can help educate me?

Why would you go anywhere else?

2 Likes

Hi Shush319,

Thanks for asking and you make a good point (bc TP is an awesome resource). But from a journalistic perspective, it’ll be best to balance out my article having a variety of sources.

72 here merry xmas to all

1 Like

You should consider joining some GitHub groups, or some Discord iptv groups. There is a plethora of info on these sites! I am on about 10 Discord and several Github groups. That is where the majority of my learning the nuts and bolts of iptv/epg tech comes from. TP is a great source for utilizing the end result of that knowledge. I guess he’s more like “Applied Science” in the IPTV world? :thinking:

1 Like

@DarrylG

This setup tutorial gets emailed to every user.

The suggestion from @Powerfader is also a good idea.

2 Likes

First you f all you need to learn how tow use a notebook for for organization. Write between the lines and number your entries to better keep track of your process.

:flushed: uhhh, thanks?

I suppose I’m a “note taking rebel” of the sort who ignores lines and margins.
But yeah, ok, next time!

Merry Xmas!

Lol. Best just to ignore some and chalk it up to the stress of Christmas. You should see the hundreds of pages of my notes, and I’m ADHD so imagine trying to follow mine. Lol. Have a happy holiday.

Have fun and STREAM ON.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Sry for the delay. As for “BBS”, was called Control Room BBS. It was run from a Ç64(Commodore 64) w/1k hard drive. The 4 additional phone lines allowed çàllers to connect and either upload or download software.

I can say this, each streaming company varies . Some have live tv . Not all live tv streaming companies have the same channels. Some have free DVR (Digital Video Recording) , some require a paid subscription . Some have unlimited recording and others have a cap. Then there’s streaming companies that are video on demand only. There’s also companies that provide free streaming which is funded by ads . Best thing to do it go to the website for each company to see what they offer and if it forfills your needs . Good luck :crossed_fingers:

1 Like