Amazon Tablets Are Great

You have got to be kidding me? No cellular just Wifi? So if I’m travelling I need to make sure there is wifi or use my phone as a Hotspot? This might be the deal breaker

1 Like

If you have unlimited data on your phone then sure… But it’s a tablet, you would need to pay to have a service to the tablet… if you have a phone just do that. There is no chip or wireless sim in these tablets so how would it get data?

Getting a kids version for my toddler, these tablets are alright, great for the price.

1 Like

I have had an ipad for years and just assumed all tablets have Cellular functionality but now I know why they are a lot cheaper than ipads

No sir, not all do. (Djsusnsk)

10" fire tablet on sale $75, normal $150

And one new thing I saw on a news report today is that you can install the Google Playstore on them for added options, although some apps still won’t work.

Just picked up a new 10" for 75.00 on prime day 50 percent off great deal. I can’t go on Amazon too long without supervision I will spend too much :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::laughing::v::grin::sob:

1 Like

I installed Google Play a year or more ago as one of the first things I did on my 10" Fire tablet.
Works fine.

You can also download Troypoint RAI, Downloader, Unlinked, APK Time and many other sources for APK downloads. Silk Browser comes on all Amazon Kindle Tablets standard which is a go anywhere internet browser. Only two negatives as a multi year daily user: screen size and speakers are not that great.
Brave browser works great on this tablet and it’s excellent.

1 Like

Hey @Bigrich
I hear you. I have the same issue :joy:

1 Like

If it’s not too old, they’ll replace it. It’s been a problem with them

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 39 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.