Amazon blocking system updates

Can anyone help me here, I have a 2 series FS, and have installed ADB from RAI and have followed Troy’s instruction’s to the letter on method 2, all is fine up to entering ip address and 5555 as instructed, I click connect and get a positive connection message with spinning circle, and that’s it, left it for 20 mins, no change, tried it with and without IPV. Any thoughts on this please.
Thanks in advance.

@troypaul33

Try looking here for command lines you need to block updates.

1 Like

Glad I got away from them and went with TiVo Stream 4K’s and An Nvidia Shield Pro. I think it’s only going to get worse

I am not sure why so many people use Firesticks. I do have one, but only use it to watch Amazon Prime. We bought one when they first came out. Never tried to jail break it, just bought an android box instead. I use my android TV box to do any other streaming. It just seems like a Firestick causes more headaches than it is worth. From little ram and extra space, to now Amazon’s propensity to stop all use of it’s Firestick for anything else but watching Amazon Prime. There are just too many decent android boxes available for just a little bit more money than a Firestick. I apologize if I offended anyone. That was not my intent. Just my two cents worth.

1 Like

Hello Everyone, I just want to chime in on this topic. As of now there is absolutely no reason to block Amazon updates. The idea that Amazon is going to block sideloading in the future was just an opinion. I dont think this will happen as the sideloading option is specifically meant for app devs who want to test their apps prior to uploading to Amazon App store. Since 2014 when the first Fire devices came out, we’ve been able to sideload and here it is 7 years later and nothing has changed. We can still do it. Also, you don’t need to block updates to add external storage.

5 Likes