Add internal memory

I have a Firestick 4K (OS 6.2.8.1) and recently tried to add internal memory. I purchased the OTG cable for Firestick and the SanDisk 64GB Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive. I followed the Troy Point instructions for OS 6.0 exactly. It doesn’t show that I have anymore memory after completing the entire process… Any help is appreciated…

@sloop2jonb

Welcome to our community!!

Guide here for storage.

You need to make sure your usb is formatted to fat 32, check out that link.

1 Like

Thanks, i did that then followed the instructions exactly for Firestick 4k (OS 6) and still
does not show any additional memory… I’ve reformatted it several times and
doubled checked everything twice to make sure of no errors… I followed the instructions
at How to Expand Internal Storage on Firestick & Fire TV Cube

@sloop2jonb

Did you use rufus to make sure it was formatted to fat32? And have the right cable?

Hey Sloop…

Have u downloaded an app from TP RIA with the flashdrive inserted… where does it go?. Does it show a usb icon in manage apps?

If it worked it will show a translucent USB icon to the right of the app in Manage Installed Apps. If it is not showing the process did not work.
The firestick itself will not show additional storage. The storage is on the USB drive. If the icons appear in Manage Installed apps use ESFile explorer or Total Commander and you will see.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.