4k firestick install

I have 4k firestick on a smart tv , I am updating to a 4k samsung tv do I need to change any setting on the firestick or is it automatic .
Thanks
Kenp3

@kenp3

Typically the device will auto display the native resulation.

However if using something other then Netflix or a paid app you will have to play 4k manually by picking it.

1 Like

thank you for your help reply
I have IPTV on the stick my provider transmits on 4k, but not sure how to ensure the
the picture will be in 4k , you mention about selecting manually, how do I do that

@kenp3

Not every channel is 4k, only channels that display 4k will display 4k otherwise they will display 1080p. You will have to find your HD 4k channels from your provider, there is a way to find them. I was referring to vod service.

hi again thats ok then as the epg has the programs listed in 4k then further down the programs listed again in 1008 so that means if I select the 4k one the picture will be 4k
thanks again for your help
kenp3
( I am 89 , and all this is a little hard to get to grips with)
cheers ken

1 Like

@kenp3

That’s fine, I appreciate you joining and learning. Make sure to checkout troypoint.com the main website for all kinds of info.

Yes anything that says 4k I’m the epg should play 4k when you select it. As long as you have the proper setup. Which with the new 4k and 4k tv and hdmi you should be fine.

1 Like

thank you
cheers
bye

Also in settings u can have the resolution in the info panel instead of label “full hd”

Settings…
Appearance…
Player…
Info panel…
Bottom… (show res)

hth…

1 Like

You may need to change the equipment control settings on your stick if the new TV is a different brand than the old TV.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.