3rd party apps removed from Fire stick by Amazon

I’m kind of regretting getting a Google certified Mecool. It’s working great now…but… Maybe soon we’ll be begging China for ONN boxes.

onn boxes are certified, you are ok with mecool

1 Like

What stock Android device do you like the most?

mecool km6 or any ugoos box are my favs

2 Likes

I might grab one…getting tired of the control thing going on with the ‘BIG’ players.

Thanks for the input…

we were kinda/sota talking about them>>>Looking for new streaming box - Streaming Devices / Hardware - TROYPOINT Insider

1 Like

Yeah…I need a new toy…

KM6 not certified? The Mecool boxes and numbering system are kind of confusing. It’s hard to find a simple side by side comparison. I believe the original KM1 box was two gigs processor, but my “Deluxe” is 4, for example.

yea mecool is all over the place with boxes mixed and matched in weird ways.

The KM6 is not Netflix Certified although you can Sideload it but won’t be HD and most I’ve side loaded need a mouse pointer. @TROYPOINT did a nice review of it. Check it out

2 Likes

I believe mecool km6 claim of certification is google but none of the main streamers. To me certification just mean abides by their rules. IPTV certification means nothing imho

2 Likes

Just an update: after resetting the Fire stick back to Factory settings and restoring some of the third party apps , the only one left standing today when I powered up was Tivimate. Even YouTube, which was perfectly set up yesterday told it needed to be downloaded again. I will load a couple of the apps again but it seems like something screwy is up. Thanks to all for your observations and advice.

Weird. Almost like you have a virus…the Amazon Virus; but I don’t know enough about this or that to really help you. I’ve had Fire sticks and dongles, and cube and never had this happen. When I first got my Mecool KM1 Deluxe, Google was disappearing my iptv service daily. There is no way to turn off “safe app” (or whatever it’s called) in the Play Store for this device, but I turned off automatic updates and Google stopped removing the iptv app. Maybe it just got tired of me doing quick re-installs from Downloader favorites. I suppose a VPN doesn’t make a heck of a lot of difference if the device/manufacturer is up to no good – not sure about this. The only thing I can think of is a factory reset, followed by getting your apps from a different, trusted source. Hope some of the experts here chime in. Weird.

1 Like

i run fire cubes here in the mtns i have two and two firesticks on other tvs i dont have this issue at all both cubes i have usb addons and on both sticks as well
in fla i hvae a sheild and every update i have issues after to me the cube with storage is just a bit less than my 2017 shield but the cube is easier to use

No idea how that happened. I have literally hundreds of Max out there and noone has contacted me with a similar problem. Another one of those little mysteries. Like others have stated, do a virus scan as well as a malware scan.

1 Like

Thanks, carlbs, Davduck, and Miki for the great input. I am still stymied. I am trying to restore two apps a day from what I originally had but I am having quite a problem adding the usb once again to expand storage on the device. It worked fine before. I think the virus scan is a good idea but I choose my app sources very carefully and have not added anything new (prior to the disappearance of the apps) to the firestick in quite a while. Live and learn. I appreciate the replies very much.

1 Like

Had this problem in the past… Found the usb stick was version 2. Found using usb version 3 with the fastest data speed you can find is the solution. Try Samsung Fit Plus. It’s usb 3.1 with speeds to 300 MB/s.

1 Like

Thanks so much. I will try your suggestion.

Amazon or Google without 3rd party apps would be a Roku wannabe. Roku is the 1,000 pound gorilla in the room controlling the number one selling streaming device with a 37% market share with Amazon a distant second with 14% market share. Roku devices are really great for all things legal and verified. Without 3rd party apps, what would/will be the purpose of Amazon or Google Android devices?

Google put out a release stating plain and simple, that GoogleTV is superior to Roku, FireTV and one other that I forget. We’ll see.

1 Like