2 Bricked 2nd Gen Firesticks

Both of them show the Amazon smiley face when powered on, then go to a grayish black screen. There’s not a ‘no signal’ message if either are plugged into any of 7 HDMI inputs on my TVs.

With their respective remotes, I’ve tried the remote pressing the ‘return’ and ‘right direction’ buttons simultaneously, which according to Amazon should bring up the factory reset screen, but there;s no response on either stick.

Then I tried using a wireless USB keyboard with an OTG cable pressing cntrl-alt-flag-print screen-i keys. Neither stick responses.

Before I trash them, does anybody else have a suggestion?

Hey Elgin. Sounds like you’ve tried most things. If you have an otg cable and a keyboard you could try starting the stick in safe mode. Here I’ll give ya a link to a good set of instructions. gl2u.

2 Likes

Thanks Miki,
I found that link previously on my own and tried the keyboard procedure, albeit with a USB wireless keyboard instead of a wired one because I don’t have a wired one available.

Unfortunately, neither stick responded at all.

1 Like

Damn. I am sorry, but there isn’t anything else I can think of.

2 Likes

That sux E…

You can always let the kids paint them & use them as tree ornaments :luggage:

Have had simular issues some time ago. Some would go gray and some reset loop. I replaced with a newer power supply. That took care of my problem. Hope this helps

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.